Skip to main content

Hi All,

I deployed a workflow which was build using .net4.0 and when i ran it, i got an error that the workflow is not compatible (something similar in error log) . It was for sharepoint and i remembered sharepoint cannot run 4.0 build and i changed the platform target and build and deployed..It all worked fine.,

So platform dependency is from Sharepoint or from K2 itself? Can i build asp.net/k2 blackpearl workflows on .net4.0..

All experts..please advice..

thanks.

Hi,

I think this might be a dependency from SharePoint. You can build and run .NET 4 workflows and ASP.NET pages.

I'm not too familiar with the .NET 4 challenges on SharePoint, but I think it might just be a configuration change you need to make on SharePoint. Maybe others can comment how they got SharePoint to run on .NET 4.

Regards,

Yes you can build K2 workflows on .Net 4.0.  However, there is a configuration change you need to make to the K2 Server so that it can run the process on the correct framework otherwise you would get an error when the workflow is run.

Here is the link in the help that talks about making that change.  Designers > K2 Designer for Visual Studio > What's new for K2 Designer for Visual Studio 2010? > .NET Framework in K2 for Visual Studio 2010.

Configuring the K2 HostServer to run .NET Framework 4.0:

To ensure that workflow processes are able to deployed successfully when using the .NET Framework 4.0 in K2 for Visual Studio 2010 it is critical that the K2 Server be updated to run .NET Framework 4.0.  The installer currently does not update the K2 HostServer automatically and the following key needs to be added to the appSettings node of the K2HostServer.config: <add key="netfxversion" value="v4.0.30319" />

thanks a lot guys....much appreciated..

In K2Studio.exe.config does supportedRuntime need to be changed to v4.0.30319 to support NET40?

<startup>
        <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/>
        <requiredRuntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/>
    </startup>