Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a K2 workflow in which, I have a requirement of sending out reminder emails about approval process. So I have created an action escalation and used the Days field to 4 days. But unfortunately after 4 days I didn't get any email. When I was browsing, I found the following website which told about this issue.

codecodecode.ninja/2015/04/k2-blackpearl-workflow-escalation-working-hours/

I understood that it will convert the value into no of working day hours which is approximately 8 hours.

So I started using the hours field. Now I tested with 1 hour and it works fine. But I wanted to setup 4 days gap and I did setup with 96 hours using the hours field. Now the issue is I am still not getting the email after 4 days (4 *24 = 96 hours). I am not sure if this field also takes into account the no of working hours for a day.

If the finding are correct, then what is the best way to find out the exact no of working hours per day. Is there a simple way to correct this scenario and get emails after 4 days to be precise.

Diagnoses

Advised client to use the escalation without zones configured this solved their issue.
Also as requested gave the below example if they where to use zone calculations for exact hours.

Resolution

Saturday and Sunday are not taken into consideration as it is specified as non-working days in the specified zone.
The zone can be configured to have holidays and special dates which will be considered in the calculation

Here is an example of how it will work with Zones and a 8 hour working day.
Let's say you calculate 20 Hours exactly with working hours 8am to 4pm set in the zone.

If the start date kicks of the process is on 13:00PM Thursday

Calculation will be Thursday (2015/11/26) 1PM to 4PM = 3 hours

Friday 8am to 4pm = 8 hours (9 hours remaining of the 20 hours specified)

Monday 8am 8 hours

Tuesday 8am 1hour = 9:00 am (2015/12/1)

Be the first to reply!