Skip to main content

Can you open/edit/save a Process that has been created in K2 Web Designer in K2 Studio?

The reason for asking is a user may create a Process in K2 Web Designer and then later need a developer to enhance it in K2 Studio.

Hi

There should be no problem exporting a project created in web designer and opening it in studio to edit.

Regards

Vernon

Hi every body ,

I got a problem in exporting a process using k2 web designer to add other feature using k2 Studion. I had cheked the option "allow participents to be assigned at the runtime". after exporting the workflow to K2 Studio and i deploying it again, i lunch it and specify the participent but it cause an error because there's no participent in the activity.

What version of Blackpoint are you running? I tried reproducing this on 4.9040.1.0 but is works fine.

I exported the project (Save as file) from Web Designer and extracted the exe. I added the .kprx file to a project and deployed it with no problems.

Can you maybe give more info regarding your project (Workflow)?

i'am using K2 blackpoint 0902 (4.9040.3.470) with Update KB000470 , i want todetirmine some users dynamically from the begining of the process. so the originator can search in the active directory and affect that person(s) to the specified task. I create a workflow using K2 web designer and i checked the option "allow participent to be assigned at runtime" so i can do that task, i want also to store these person in a metadata of the document. So i exported the project and opened it with k2 studio to make a SharePoint Document event (Update metadata).

When i deploy the workflow, i works fine but when it reachs the task with dynamic users it doesn't know its destination therefor the update of metadata works corectly.

I tried to insert the destination in the metadata (MultiUser) and retrieve it in a datafield so i can assign the destination to that datafield). It works if the datafield contains only one name, but if it's more than one person (n), it will not create n task affected to every one of these persons, it will create only one task with destination the result of the concatenation of the persons selected in the MultiUser.

Any idea to how assign dynamic users and store these persons in a metadata of the document ?????

:(

Here is some screenshots

Thanks for your help

When opening the exported project in K2 the Studio..also Studio, try deleting the destination users as in the screenshots and re-add them in the Studio. There are some bugs when a web-workflow process is converted to a K2 Studio process.
You can also try removing the "SharePoint Groups" in the destination.....