Skip to main content

I'm very new to K2 and having difficulty connecting the environment to our server. I've been trying to learn to work with SmartObjects as described in the Professional K2 blackpearl wrox book. We have K2 installed on a staging and development server. I'm running into problems right at the start. I open up Visual Studio and start a new K2 project. In the Object Browser on the right hand side of Visual Studio the label shows "Environment - Not Connected". I read another post with a similar issue. The user said he selected the pull down, change server and put in the correct server. This resolved his problem. I've done the same and instead of selecting our dev server I pointed to the staging server. I clicked on Test, the test was successful. I clicked on the OK button and the Object Browser populated with Category Server(s), Field(s), Mail Server(s), SmarObject Server(s)...etc. When I point back to our dev server and run the test, the test is successful. I click the OK button and the Object Browser shows the "Environment - Not Connected" and there's nothing in the Object Browser window. I have no idea if this is a problem with our dev server or if I don't have something setup correctly in Visual Studio. Any help would be appreciated.

Todd

I would suggest running your K2 Server on Dev in console mode and check if there are any errors or messages in the console when you try to connect from VS. 

What is the layout of your environments?  That is, is it a distributed farm or an all-in-one-server installation?  I've seen authentication issues from Visual studio from time to time when the target environment is distributed, turning on the K2 server in console mode might give you more information to work with.

Thanks for the attempts to help. The problem was something very simple. I didn't realize that K2 when switching servers in Visual Studio would not automatically pull in the default template. I have to actually tell it to switch templates and select the default or the template I want after switching servers. Thanks again for trying to help.

Todd