Skip to main content

Hello All!

A random quesiton that I'm hoping you can assist with.. I'd like K2 to be able to produce standard documents based on values within SQL, I have no problems accessing the SQL data as I'll use standard K2 SmartForm technology. What I'd like to achieve, is, the ability to generate a set of standard documents, i.e. Invite to Interview, With Regret Letters, Invite to Second Interview, etc...

So my theory would be, that a user logs in to the SmartForm recruitment form, selects a user (from a people picker control) and either selects a letter type from a dropdown or presses a button.

A letter should be produced that takes fields from SQL (such as person, salary, address, etc) and generate a standard letter.. Obviously it would need to look professional as they're corporate documents!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve the above?

As always, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

Hi Dayna,

I would suggest using the PDF control to export form and/or views to a PDF document.

Regards,

Hi DaynaLitherland

I think this is possible to do in the way you described it but i also think that this would use a bunch of complex rule setups.

for example:  If you have a Picker control to select the user from, a dropdown to select the Form/Letter from and a button that when clicked pops up lets say a Subview/Subform depending on the selection in the dropdown control to which the details of the selected user (in picker control) is then populated to.

I suggest giving my scenario a shot if this is what you want to accomplish. 

Hi DaynaLitherland

Just doing a quick follow up in regards to my previous post, were you able to use the scenarion i explained in the post and was this able to help towards achieving the solution/goal you had in mind?

Hi DaynaLitherland

We have not recieved any feedback regarding this issue in this converstaion. Please advise is this has been resolved and can be marked as solved or do you require futher assistance with this issue?

Hi DaynaLitherland

I am kindly marking this post as solution due to no response and no solution being marked.