Skip to main content

Symptoms

K2 Studio loads and is functional, yet all menu options have truncated text and an appended "..." at the end of each menu title when the thick client tool is loaded on Windows 8.1 machines

Diagnoses

This is due to a Microsoft resolution and display issue and can be changed using Control Panel settings.

Resolution

The following steps can be used to fix this display issue with the thick client designer on your Windows 8.1 machine:

-Right-click on your desktop somewhere, choose "Personalize"
-In the bottom left corner of that window, choose "Display"
-This screen may initially come up with a slider or a list of 3 settings (small, medium or large). If you get the slider, check the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and it should convert to the list of 3 options.
-Choose the "Smaller" option, and this will ask you to sign out. Before you do make sure you save things already open on your desktop.
-Sign back in and then re-load K2 studio. This should make the menus appear correctly. K2 Studio should continue to display correctly should you decide you want the Medium or Larger setting later on down the road.

I am experiencing this but cannot find a way to resolve the issue in Windows 10. The resolution described above doesn't seem to be fully applicable to windows 10 as is.

Same issue as ddraper, I'm on Windows 10 and can't find a combination of resolution and text size that doesn't truncate all the menus, icon text, etc. I'm just starting to learn K2, and it's pretty tough when you can't see what the options say...