Skip to main content
I am using the trial license right now, and it seems that local Workspace and K2 Service Manager would only work if I run the K2 server in console mode.
I would get the 5252 connection error if I start it via K2 Service.

I also can not run Workspace remotely (gets logon dialog pop up) but can run K2 Service Manager remotely.

It's a single server setup (Win2003 SP1, K2 SP4, SQL Server 2005 SP1, no SharePoint) running under VMWare ESX 3.0.

I followed the setup doc, any ideas?

If I set the K2 Service to run under my ID, then it will work remotely for K2 Service Manager, but Remote WorkSpace still gets:

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I could however, open Workspace locally on the server.
Hi Peter,

I've seen this error a couple of times. You should create an spn for the AppPool ID account for the AppPool K2V3 is running under. Typically in the format:
setspn -a HTTP/MachineName DomainNameUserName
and
setspn -a HTTP/MachineName.DomainName.local DomainNameUserName

HTH,
Ockert
setspn -a HTTP/MachineName.DomainName.local DomainNameUserName

I had to translate "DomainName.local" to below syntax.

setspn -a HTTP/K2Server1.microsoft.com MSFTK2ServiceUser

instead of

setspn -a HTTP/K2Server1.MSFT.local MSFTK2ServiceUser

I thought it was fixed, but it only works for me when K2Server service runs under my ID. I can now use Workspace remotely --- which I couldn't do before when K2Server service runs under my ID.

When I change it back to WorkflowDev ID, I would get the 5252 actively refused msg. I did the setspn on WorkflowDev ID and that's the ID running the app pools.
To give you more information, when I changed K2Server service to run as LocalSystem, I can still use Workspace remotely, but other users still get the credential error. I am using NTLM.
Should be: setspn -a HTTP/K2Server1.microsoft.com MSFTK2ServiceUser

K2Server should not be started under 'Local System' since 'Local System' has not got access to AD.

Regards,
Ockert
I believe this setting fixed my issue for NTLM, the key is to restart the computer afterwards.

NTLM

Follow these steps to disable the loopback check:

1. Click Start | Run and then type regedit , and click OK .

2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa

3. Right-click Lsa , point to New, and then click the DWORD value.

4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck , and then press Enter .

5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck , and then click Modify .

6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK .

7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.