Skip to main content

I have a list where i need to have 4 Content Types (CT). I have created the CTs, then added columns and then "SmartObjectifed" using the K2 app.

I now have 3 views and 3 forms for each CT(thus 12 forms and 12 views in all) but just one Smartobject (other than Attachement and any lookups which come automatically).

In my testing everything seems to be working fine, all the CTs items are saving data in respective CT and also WFs working accordingly.

So is this default behaviuor of the object? That is irrespective of the number of CTs it will create only 1 object?

Also, when will i ever need to create SOs for each CT independetly as right now i cannot think of a scenario i may face this issue.

Appreciate any help!!

Thanks

VerManiac

Hi VerManiac, 

Thank you for logging this community post. This is strange behaviour that you are currently seeing, I would like what are the content type names and do they fall under the category of supported content types as per community post below: 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Appit/UserGuide/current/default.htm#About_K2_for_SharePoint/CompatSecPermConsid/Supported_and_Unsupported_Artifacts.htm

Kind regards, 

Perc

HI Perc,

I have used the Item Content type as base for my CTs. Is this the default behaviour? Or is it that the SOs will get split in case there are many CTs?

There was one more query if you can assist. I have found if i have to initate a workflow based on some Content Type, if I use CT id in initiation conditions it works but using the name does not initiate the workflows. Is my observation correct? Again is this a default behaviour(or a bug)??

Thanks,

VerManiac