Skip to main content

Is it possible for a lookup field in a SmartForm to pull items from multiple lists?  Example: I have many project sites that each have thier own risk/issue lists.  When a user is filling out a form I would like to pull any risks from all project sites based on the project number already entered.  Each risk will have the project number already associated with the item.  I am struggling with the best way to accomplish this.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Christa

Hi Christa,

You should be able to get the functionality with an advance smartobject. When creating your smartobject in the designer you will select advance smartobject then in your methods you would add a method.

Browse to your service instance you want to use and select the method from the tree view. After the method is selected and you click on next you will need to create the properties you want. You could just hit create all from the toolbar. After you click next you would be shown the Service Object Method Bindings. It’s the list screen in the wizard.

On this screen you can add additional methods. So in here you will select add from the toolbar and browse to your next site and add a method from that site.

One important note is that the performance of this smartobject might be slow so I am not sure if this is the correct way forward for you to go.

I would rather have one central list where you store all your risk/issues. If different sites is not allowed to see the items from other sites you can filter them out. Just add a property to your central list to say from which site they are from and filter on that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jurie

Also have a look at this link for more details

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2appit/UserGuide/1.2/default.htm#Advanced_SmartObject.html?Highlight=advance%20smartobject