• 1 view

Dear K2 Community, 

I have created a table/view with the below columns

AttachmentID

K2ProcessID

HeaderID

AttachmentFile

AttachmentDescription

In smartforms i am having different rules (attached) 

After pressing Ok on (3), (4) starts the workflow and there are many events (that take time - like updating K2ProcessID to the main table ) so have added a message (5) to add a delay (for workflow to complete). If we disable (5), then (6) and (7) runs instantly (without workflow reaching the next wait state) which should run after workflow has updated the database (but it is not) as in this case (6) and (7) are blank. As (7) is updating the K2ProcessID with the Attachment rows.

Looking forward for a solution. 

Note: Have raised a ticket with K2 partner (Inobits) and they are unable to provide any solution. They are mentioning it as a performance issue and saying that K2 Smartforms run independelty of K2 Workflow.

Best Regards, 

Suhaib Khilji

13821iDA686F7DE939D78E.jpg

Hi Suhaib,

If I understood you correctly, it's true that Smartforms and WorkFlows works independently, If you want to save data or anything related to the workflow after it's start action you'll have to do this on your process side not from your form.

I had a similar requirment, for example I wanted to update  some records in my table with InstanceID, it's not possible to load it or read it from smartforms after the workflow start action, because the form finishes performing all the rules you have before starting the workflow, so I had to create an activity has smartobject event in my process to update my records with the instanceID that you can find it in the context browser.

wish it helps