Skip to main content
Hi ,

I have a problem when creating smartform for k2.net 2003. The design mode won't appear for the smartform. In the K2SmartForm1.aspx it directly shows the code and not the design mode. It also has an error of The dependency 'Interop.Scripting' could not be found.

I tried to compile, the build is successful.The log was like this ,
------ Build started: Project: WebApplication1, Configuration: Debug .NET ------

Preparing resources...
Updating references...
The dependency 'Interop.Scripting' could not be found.
Performing main compilation...
Building satellite assemblies...

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

When i tried to reopen the k2smartform.aspx in VS.NET . I have this error,
"The file could not be loadedinto the Web Formsdesigner. Please correct the following error and try loading it again:
The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file:
K2SmartForm1 --- The base class 'SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced or built if it is part of the project.

Make sure all of the classes used in the page are built or referenced in the project. Click Help for more information. "

Gladly welcome any help, Thank you very much.
We were able to fix the designer part of your problem by changing .Net security settings:

1) Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Wizards
2) Adjust .Net Security
3) Select "Make changes To This Computer" and click Next
4) Click "Local Intranet"
5) Move bar all the way up to "Full Trust"
6) Restart Visual Studio
7) Reopen your project. You should now be able to view your K2 SmartForms in design view.

This worked for us. We found it an odd solution, however, since all of our code was local and not on the intranet. For some reason, it seems to still use the intranet security settings.