Skip to main content

I've designed a form using k2 smartforms that contains a field for returning the current loged in user account

using the current user systems value.

After adding the smartform as a sharepoint 2010 web part  and signing in to the sharepoint site for the first time 

the current loged in user account is returned correctly but when signing in as a diffrent user the form 

is still returning the user account of the first time signed in user.

thanks,

Hi ,

When using SharePoint 2010, the logged in user displays on the top right of the screen. Is the logged in SharePoint username being displayed?

Regards,

Yes...

thanks,

So you've managed to resolve this by logging into SharePoint as a different user? Or from a different account?

Hi Oms

I have created my own scenario like your which returns the current logged in user as expected.

Please see my step taken:

1. Create list containing two columns (Title, User)

2. Open Smartobject Service Tester and expand SeviceObject Explorer

3. Right click on Sharepoint Content and select Register ServiceInstance

4. On the popup supply the Site URL: http://portal.denallix.com and click next

5. Give a System Name and a Display name

6. Now Expand the Sharepoint Content and create a smartobject from the instance (Select only the List Item that applies)

7. Open K2 Designer an expand All Items/Name you gave

8. Create a Item View from this smartobject and open it in Edit mode

9. Now in Edit mode click the "wand" icon and select the fields you want the user to fill in and the required buttons (create Button

required) when done clcik the User textbox and add a Expression - current user

10. Save and Finish

11. Genereate a Form from this view

12. Open Sharepoint and click the list that has been linked to this smartobject

13. Click Site Actions and select Edit Page

14. Click on Add Web Part and choose the Smartforms viewer app

15. On the smartforms viewer app click the little arrow on the right an select edit web part

16. Choose select Form and select the form that you created in K2 Designer

17. Click Apply and Ok

18. Refresh the Sharepoint list and add a record using the form in the smartforms viewer app

19. Log in with another user and do the same test

20. These steps will give you the same result that i recieved, where the current logged in user is returned to the User textbox and

added to sharepoint list as a item when the create button is clicked.

Kind Regards

Raymond