Skip to main content

Hi,

I am still new and exploring K2 blackpearl.  We don't have SharePoint. 

It seems to me that I can use K2 to create forms and workflows. But K2 does not provide a centralized portal to host and organize them.

Instead of building an intranet from scratch, I would like to utilize DNN or Umbraco. But I haven't figure out how I can ingerate K2 forms within DNN webpages.

Redirect will not work because I will lose the DNN theme  and templates. Embeded page makes contrl on K2 form not work.

Could anyone suggest some ideas how I can achieve the goal?  Even if I build a website from scratch, I cannot think of how I can make k2 forms to work with my theme or template.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, yanL,

I am not familiar with the DNN service, but are you not able to simply expose the Runtime URL of the form?

Regards,

M

No. I need to integrate the form with the existing custom theme. There will be a very complex work flow with a lot of forms. I am not sure if I will need to modify for CSS for each form. Also, I don't know how custom I can make the form match with existing theme.  Even if I can match the theme, I don't know if I will be able to add menus of existing site to the forms. I don't want to expose the form alone as an independent form, I would prefer to incorporate it with a website.

Hi yanL

I'm not familiar with DNN, so I'm not sure how you can display K2 forms within a DNN site, however all K2 does within SharePoint is use iFrames, so if you can add an iFrame to a page on your site you can then point it to the SmartForm runtime URL.

As for using your sites theme, you will need to create your own K2 custom theme to match your site theme. Have a look at the K2 SmartForms Help for instructions on how to do this (basically it is CSS).

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2smartforms/DevRef/4.6.10/default.htm

Hi,  @Andrew_Blinco,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will take a look into iFrame and custom CSS