Skip to main content
After installing the smartforms I opened Visual Studio .net, created a project and a k2smartform item.

When the item opens I get:

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the following error, then load it again: The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed.
OK

Then the K2 Smart Forms section of the tool box only contains the pointer.

Is there some additional setup I need to complete?

-Bob
Under normal circumstances, you would not need to perform any additional configuration to get K2.net SmartForms working in VS.NET.
Did you manage to apply the K2.net SmartForms Hotfix?

Have you figured out the cause of this?   I'm getting this same issue.    I'm using VS 2003 and K2.Net 2003 (Build 3.6262).  I did not have this issue initially, and was able to create one workflow (after applying the Smartform hotfix).

I have since tried to create one or two small sample apps and I got the same "bombing" you mentioned.   I reinstalled the K2 Studio, and now I don't get the "cannot load/a reference cannot be...." message, but the Toolbox is still empty when I create a project.

Also...for the record, I'm not trying to reload projects, I'm creating NEW projects each time (yea, doing a lot of deleting) to force a build/link from the same K2.Net Studio DLL files.