Skip to main content

Hi,

For testing purposes I built a very simple Sharepoint Events Process with Visual Studio to test event processing:

Here is what I did:

- create a blank K2 solution with VisualStudio

- add a new process to the solution

- add a SharePoint EventsProcess (with notification on an update event on the calender library (actually item added raises no event at all ?! )).

- add a Default Server Event (Code)

- add a Mail Event to the default activity

so generally what this process should do for testing purposes, is to send an EMail when a calender item is added / updated.

The Email is actually sent - however I still get an error message in the EventLog which says:

[SharePointIntegrationServices::SetDataFields], System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.SetDataFields(ProcessInstance procInst, String metadatadetail)

I checked following similar posting: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/22235.aspx however in my case the K2 service is having admin rights (runs under administrator with admin rights for the site).

I'd be grateful for a solution to this problem.

Thanks, DD

Be the first to reply!