Skip to main content

I am a SharePoint administrator with little K2 experience, other than setting it up.  We have some developers at my company that are up-n-coming with K2, but nobody knows the answer to this question so I'm posting it for ya'll to chime in on.

We are in the process of wanting to rebuild our existing case management system.  What I want to know is if we can build a K2 smartform that would allow the user to choose specific metadata values from a drop-down menu in one view and then return a list of files (stored in SharePoint) that have meta data tags that match the user-defined criteria.  So basically K2 would need to be able to execute a SharePOint search and then be able to do something with the result set all in the same form (different views obviously).

There is some big money riding on this so solid answers and not educated guesses would be appreciated.  Cheers.

Hi Rich

Are you wanting to execute the search against one document library, one site, or the entire farm?

You can OOB create a SmartObject that will allow you to search against a specified document library. If you are wanting to search across a site or farm you may need to create a web services service instance to utilise the SharePoint search web sevices (http://<Site_Name>/_vti_bin/spsearch.asmx) or create a custom service broker.