Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem where the K2 service will not start correctly using the domain service account I created for it.  I added the domain service account k2server to the local admins and granted it permission to logon as a service. When I launch the server running as k2server, I get the following:

Error Marshalling SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Runtime.UserRoleManagerServer.GetDefaultLabelName, Authentication required for session ...

followed by

SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectClientServer not yet loaded.

The console continually displays this message and the Workspace cannot connect to the server on the designated port.

If I run as using a domain admin, I can connect to the server and do not get the error described above in the console, but I do get authentication errors when moving about the workspace.

Any idease?  I've reread through the Getting Started guide and can't find the issue.

unless the "run as" user (k2server) has been added to the local Administrators group or is a domain admin.  If I run the server in console mode it works fine as myself (I'm a local Admin), but not if I run as with the user k2server.  I set the local security policy to allow this user to logon as a service.

Also, not sure that this matters but the k2server user is a domain service account.

Thanks,

Jason

Did a little more digging and found that even though the server starts with k2server set as local admin, it will not allow connections from the workspace.  Again, if I run as the domain administrator there are no issues.

Corrected on initial post. 

you are going to need to make sure this account is a local admin. Check out the Getting started guide. 

K2 blackpearl] Installation Guide > Before you begin > Set up Service Accounts > Set up the K2 Service Account

Lists out some of the stuff needed 

Chrisg,

Please see my initial post.  I came back and edited it as I was originally incorrect in how I was describing the issue.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Quickest resolution anywhere!  The 0803 documentation is a huge improvement.  I found my issue.  The problem likely originated from me doing the install not as the k2server (service account), but as a domain admin in another domain.  I got lucky and stumbled upon a sheet in the getting started guide that references multiple domains: Post Installation Common Tasks > Adding Multiple Active Directory Domains.  From here I was able to back track and edit all of the entries created for the wrong domain.  Thanks Chrisg and K2 for the great documentation!