Skip to main content

Dear all,

We have been facing a wierd issue in our production environment. Whenever a workflow is started, it gets stuck and we see errors in log saying Login bad user name of password for the K2 service account and eventually it locks out. It was working fine a month ago and the password for this account has not been changed. We re-entered credentails everywhere we could think of where this account is being used just to be sure.

Recently on doing more analysis, we found that it is not the issue at workflow level itself. We created a test page in SharePoint and added K2 worklist web part. This page did not have anything else. Now, when we access this page using the K2 service account, even then the account is locked.

It seems like when SharePoint is trying to connect to K2 or vice-versa the issue is caused. Any idea what could be going wrong?

It's possible you'll find the event in your domain controller.  I would export your logs and look for your account domainservice account.

If it's in there, it should indicate which computer or server is locking it out (source workstation name).  If you don't have the proper logging enabled, I would enable: security Audit logging on all domain controllers(s).  I believe there are also free tools available that will show your accounts and give you more information on where they were locked out from and when.

There use to be a free tool that I would download as an admin that would give me just enough info: LockoutStatus.exe.

Hi DimpyGupta,

You can also try and look in “Event Viewer”, As an error event will be logged as soon as the Authentication fails for a logon, The error logged should also give you a short description what was trying to authenticate to your k2 service account.

You can also try looking in workspace on one of the process instances for any errors and see what the errors is and on what activity it is occurring.

You can also go to “process overview” select the process/activity and locate the “view flow” icon.

This will show the workflow in its running state and will show at what activity the error appears if any error appears.

Please sent me the screen shots of errors in event viewer and in workspace if possible.

Regards

Quintin