Skip to main content

Hi,

We have an issue of K2 Server running extremely slow. We noticed that database log files were extremely large and we did maintenace ondatabase and  cleared all those logs but still performance didnot improve.Its a development server and no process instances are running too. What could be the reasons? how can we overcome this situation? Thanks.

Hi,

Delete log files from this location: "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin" also delete the temporary files from server on which K2 is installed. Do the IIS reset and restart the K2 servie. Try this it might help to improve performance

Regards,

Hemant

I would move the large files elsewhere:

Could also try the shrink database SQL:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/ms189035.aspx

I would also seek advice from K2 Support themselves for this case as well.

What are the specs of the server? Ram, CPU, etc.

I was thinking into have a Self Diagnostic View that basically render data from PowerShell Script on the fly and this perform some diagnostics to return the values of the K2 BlackPearl Server.... 

With this capability will ilustrate the health of the Server, perhaps network/DB Latency.

CPU/Memory and processes in general.

Also will be able to retrieve some suggestions to optimize the workflow server.

Perhaps even integrater fomr RRD like the MRTG Project to monitor reponsiveness.

We noticed where some of the developer do some package/deployment the CPU reaches 99% and the server becomes really really slooooowwwww.

Dino.