Skip to main content

I am designing a K2 workflow and for that we need a K2 Scheduled tasks

it should check employees who are due for probation confirmation and send email to Manager for approval.

as its designed with smartforms, and check Joining date from smartobjects

how can i start workflow everyday as a schdule task?

I assume you are talking about Black Pearl. If so I would suggest the following steps...

1) Create the workflow that you like to start and configure depending on your requirements.

2) Create a List View "Workflow View" where you render a List of all the scheduled tasks filtered by the due date, and/or what is relevant to you.

3) Within this list view(step 2) "on initialize", execute a "For Each Item in the List" Rule that once pass on each item of the list, then execute the "Start a Workflow" task.(step 1)

4) So basically when you open the List View created in step 2 will loop trough all the filtered items and start your workflow. the question now is how to schedule.

I have a recent post: 

Ability to schedule Loops and Workflows in BlackPearl

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Ability-to-schedule-Loops-and-Workflows-in-BlackPearl/m-p/86451#M26656

will do exactly what you want, including security, since you can filter to let only the k2admin or k2service or whatever account within the AD Domain you designed to have this form accessible to start the workflow.

Putting a PowerShell script will be fairly easy and will leave to you to use the windows scheduler in a batch file that automatically loads powershell and execute this powershell lines of code to obtain your desired result.

Hope this helps !!!

Happy K2 coding.

Dino.

Thank you so much, i will have a look at it