Skip to main content

Hello,

I was setting up a K2 BlackPoint Dev Environment and I wasn't sure what to do at this point. The setup guide shows using an existing web site called "Default Web Site" I don't have a "Default Web Site" I assume this was a name given to either the SharePoint web application, or Central admin. My options are SharePoint-80 (main site) SharePoint Central Administration v3, SharePoint - 2222 (MySites), SharePoint-1111 (Shared Services Host site), and Office Server Web Services. Of course, I can also create a new site.

I have three questions:

1) What exactly are the K2 Runtime Web Services and what will I use their web site for?

2) What's the easy way to configure this for a development environment?

3) What's the proper way to configure this for a production environment?

Thanks.

Hi,

1) The Runtime Web Services are used to communicate between WSS/MOSS and the K2 blackpoint Server.

One example is when a workflow registered to start when the Check-In event fires, the Runtime Services would be called to Start the Workflow through the K2 blackpoint server.

2+3) It is recommended that the Runtime services run under it's own Website. If you have not yet created the WebSite you may simply type in the site name and the Configuration Manager will create it for you automatically together with the Application Pool.

For further information click on the (i)nformation button on the "Runtime Services" page when running the configuration.

Kind Regards,

Gert