Skip to main content

Symptoms

K2 Roles dropping off its members

Diagnoses

We have k2 roles which are updating on their own and dropping members of the list. At the moment I know of two roles that are affected but there could be more that we don't know of yet.

See screenshot MCS.JPG attached. it shows a role "Marketing" which has members added to it in k2 workspace but smartobject tester doesn't show any users when urm service andgt get role users is executed.

Screenshot Payroll.JPG attached. Second Role "PAYROLL" where it dropped off part of the its members. see screenshot 2. it shows the role is k2 workspace showing it contains and AD group . when smartobject tester is executed it only displays half of AD group members ignoring a whole group which is nested "sydpay"

For both the roles I ran the script to manually update the roles. but it only works on the "BPM FAD PAYROLL" and it starts to pickup the all the members but "Marketing role doesn't pick up any one even after the manual refresh.

Script I am running to manually update the roles :

Update eK2].]Identity].]Identity]

set tExpireOn] = getdate(),

/MembersExpireOn] = getdate(),

/ContainersExpireOn] = getdate()

where Name like '%Marketing%' and same for payroll

Could you please let me know what might be causing this behavior and how to prevent this from happening.?

Resolution

Issue :

K2 Roles dropping off its members

Resolution :

Problem caused by AD Groups with @ in the name . This results in the Identity Framework not being able to process said group consistently . Provided Cold-Fix , issue resolved in 4.7 . Removing the @ from the AD Group will also resolve the issue

Hi Waqas

If there are no further questions regarding this issue , could you please close the ticket

Regards
Quintus

Be the first to reply!