Skip to main content
Hi All,

i've installed k2 for sharepoint however, when i perform a "Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings", i get this error:

"The logged on user does not have Administrator rights in K2 Server. Please add this user to the Administrators group in K2 server"

The user that i used had already been given admin rights in the k2 server.

Hence, what else could be causing this or did i miss anything out?

Thanks

Terry

Try adding you Application Pool ID’s to the K2Server rights. Try both the CA AppPoolID and the site collection AppPoolID.

HTH

Vernon

thanks for the reply vernon...yes, the CA and the site coll app pool ID is already inside the k2 server rights but i still get that error message
And there was one thing i found in the sharepoint logs which is:

"No K2 connection settings exist for this web site or site collection. Specify K2 connection settings on the "K2 Configuration Settings" option found on the "K2 for SharePoint" tab in SharePoint Central Administration."

How can we determine this?

Thanks again.

Is the target site collection English? What version of K2 is this?

I guess you are trying to Activate from CA navigate back to the Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings page. Try using the K2 for Sharepoint Configuration link and ensure the Connection Settings section contains the correct info for you Host Server.

I've noticed I'm also receiving the alert in K2 Central Admin even when when logged in with the K2 Service account.  I'm using BP 4.5 1370

I've been able to activate the features without issue on the different site collections.  However, I am unchecking adding the SharePoint Group Provider and adding the K2 environment variable not to try and workaround the alert but simply because I didn't require those options.