Skip to main content

I was trying to set up a string table to deploy my application to production. However, I added a new field via the object browser in VS. It is not affecting the string table in the management console. I ran a sql trace to see what was going on. The management consoles is updating the string table in the database. The Fields in the object browser are updating environment settings. Are the Field(s) in the object browser unrelated to the string table?

How can I set up my string table in VS 2005 so I can deploy it to production?

The "Fields" in the context browser you are referring to relate to the Environment Library.  The Environment Library relates to the String Table, but they are not the same thing.

The below is an excerpt from a blog entry here on the UG (http://k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/04/01/how-to-programmatically-access-environment-settings-within-blackpearl-process-code.aspx):

"There is an environment library server containing the fields, values and Environments that you see exposed via the K2 object browser. Then there is the String Table which resides in the K2 workflow server and can by managed by the workflow management tools found in K2 Workspace.  When you export a process, String Table variables will be created from the Environment variables that you have used in your process. After the export, there is no further "link" between the Environment variables and the String Table fields.  Exporting the process again with different Environment library values will override the values in the String Table for the selected environment. Changing the values in the Environment library without exporting will NOT automatically update the String Table values."

HTH.