Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have tried installing k2 in my development computer. It failed as I'm using Windows 7 and the operating system supported is not listed. After the failure, I assumed that the old version is still existing. I tried running my application which has DLL that is related to k2, I'm getting the attached error.

Diagnoses

This wont work please see the documentation. We agreed that EPG install a fresh/new development server with K2 4.7 BP and SF all the required documentation is here http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.7/default.htm EPG faced issues installing the client tools on the developer client computer.

The reason for the error is because EPG tried installing 4.7 client tools on an environment that is on older version. K2 upgrade needs to planned keeping in view the current environment and objectives to achieve.

Please go through the documentation and consult our services team to help you upgrade.

Resolution

The respected Customer closed the ticket with the following note from his Kind side: " Windows 7 has the largest user base among desktops and is still not an old environment. Would be helpful if there are chances to support Windows 7.

In the mean time, I'll set up an another environment for this purpose and will keep you updated. " we earlier discussed this issue over the telephone with our Technical and Support Team. EPG tried to install SmartForms on a current server with a different version.

This wont work please see the documentation. We agreed that EPG install a fresh/new development server with K2 4.7 BP and SF all the required documentation is here http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.7/default.htm EPG faced issues installing the client tools on the developer client computer. The reason for the error is because EPG tried installing 4.7 client tools on an environment that is on older version.

K2 upgrade needs to planned keeping in view the current environment and objectives to achieve. We request you to please go through the documentation and consult our services team to help you upgrade.

Be the first to reply!