Skip to main content
I've just finished installing K2, and everything is working fine.
How do I add the Smart form in the tool box for Visual Studio 2003 ?
I have K2 3.5140.1.0
Assuming that K2Smartfors are in fact installed (You need VS2003 And IIS on the machine), you should just be able to right-click on your solution in the Solution Explorer and select 'Add new Item...' In the next dialog box, you should be able to see the K2Smartform as an option of a new item to add.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Work perfect.
Thx
How to do that in visual studio 2005, Smart form is not available when i select Add new...
Sorry, Smartforms are NOT support on Visual Studio 2005 due to a problem in Visual Studio.

Regards,
Ockert
what is the solution?
The solution for what?

For you to get Smartforms working? - install VS.Net 2003 and reinstall K2.net Smartforms
For Smartforms to work on VS2005? - don't know, hopefully VS2005 SP1.

The question is - why do you want to go the Smartform route? In my opinion, normal aspx pages utilizing the K2ROM object model gives YOU the developer more control.

Regards,
Ockert
In the fact, we will use the K2ROM for our final project but we are curently working on a "proof of concept" to demonstrate the K2 integration within our intranet.

We just want use Smartform to produce a "quick and durty" project for demonstration.

Do you think that smartforms will be supported when the Visual studio SP1 will be available?
Sorry, I don't know. I'm not sure whether the problem will be fixed by MS. The problem is described here: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/viewFeedback.aspx?feedbackid=cc1538ae-d2a7-418b-82d3-a44f2b51ebd3

I see the 'Resolution' says - Won't fix.

Regards,
Ockert