Skip to main content
Hi

I have a list of questions which are as below

1. Is it possible to show the K2.Net 2003 Task List in Outlook?

2. Where does the K2. Net 2003 Task List live? i.e in Sharepoint or K2?

3. Can e-mails (i.e escalation/destination etc..) be sent to Roles instead of a User or a Group?

4. Can outlook calendar be integrated with K2?

5. When integrating Exchange Meetings is it possible to filter out invitees who have time blocked in thier calendar?

6. When designing forms i.e Smart or Infopath is it possible to use some other database instead of K2?

7. Can K2 workflow process talk across the firewall? If Yes what are the security issues that should be considered?

8. Is there a K2 CMS event to publish content into Content Management Server?

Thanks

Raj
(duplicate postings deleted)

Couple of answers for you:

1) Yes - the KB article http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000029.aspx explains how to do this without needing to write any custom code or components.
It is also possible to add K2.net Tasks to the Outlook Task list itself, although the implementation thereof will depend largely on your infrastructure.

2) K2.net provides, as standard, both a web-based IIS website for the task list (the K2.net Workspace), and a Sharepoint WebPart which can be used from within Sharepoint. The K2.net object model is also made available so that you can write a custom task list if required.

6) nothing prevents you from storing or retrieving information in other databases, for example if you want to populate drop-down lists on a SmartForm or InforPath form from values in an external database. In this respect it would be exactly the same as if you were developing the UI without any K2.net integration. In what manner were you planning to use these external data sources?

8) yes - the K2.net CMS integration components are on the product install disc and are also downloadable from the download section of the portal: http://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/product.aspx