Skip to main content

I am having problem running it on one of the 64-bit Win7 image (it works under 32-bit and another image that did not have .NET 4.0 / VS2010).

[Edit] I am now able to run it on Win7 x64 but I don't remember what I did...

We're also having problems getting K2 2003 Studio to work on Win7. I get a crash in KERNELBASE.dll, even in compatibility mode. Any suggestions (other than "run it in a VM")?

The following KB Article explains exactly how to install it on Windows 7: http://help.k2.com/en/KB000662.aspx

It specifically tells you how to work around the

Error 1606.  Could not access network location %SystemDrive%inetpubwwwroot.
error.

I am having the same issue, does your Win7 also have either .NET 4.0 or VS2010 installed?

I have another image that worked fine and it's a simpler setup, so I am trying to isolate what's causing the exception on one installation base.

You will probably only see the error if you have IIS 7 installed on Windows 7.

You can either follow the suggestion in the KB article to change the registry or uninstall IIS 7.

Both ways should allow you to install K2.net 2003 Studio.

Regards,

Installation is fine, completed.   It's just that it GPFs when it runs.

Peter,

I'm having the same GPF error when I open K2 2003 studio on Windows 7.

Did you ever manage to solve this?

Thanks,

Nicolas

What I ended up doing is to create the development image from scratch (Win7 x64) and this time I didn't get GPF on K2 2003 Studio.

This is after I installed VS2010 also.

I was never able to pinpoint what caused the previous image to GPF.

I had the same issue...

The answer is actually really simple - K2 Studio doesn't function well with .NET framework 4, and when I installed K2 studio, that was the default the installer detected I had.

I installed .NET framework 1.1 and then changed the framework version number in the config file to reflect 1.1's (1.1.4322).

The default location of the config file is C:Program FilesK2.net 2003BinK2Studio.exe.config

Hope this helps anyone who get's this in future!

Louis

Louis,

Can you please elaborate your answer? In config file which part I need to change? Where could I find version number? 

Thanks.

Johan,

I do not have access rights for that article. Could you please send me the details to install K2.NET 2003 studio on windows 7?

Thanks.