Skip to main content

I was getting the below error in K2, I suspect the code "strDestinationQueue = K2.ActivityInstance.Destinations.Item(0).DestQueue.Name" was causing the issue

Type 'SourceCode.KO.DestQueue' in assembly 'KO, Version=3.6262.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

I notice from a similar issue the below hotfix fixes the problem which I tried and it did, however the KO.dll version I had was 3.6262.1.0 and the hotfix version was 3.6090.0.0. Will this cause me an issue as it look like I have gone back some versions?

K2.net®️ 2003 Hotfix 2

https://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/sets/hotfixDetail.aspx?id=12

Thanks

Dean

Yeah 3.6262 is K2.net 2003 SP4 and 3.6090 is SP3, but I know of a few clients world wide that are running this patch with the SP3 ko.dll version.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the version nr on that dll is 100% correct...? but that's just my own personal oppinion.

My worry is that we are on SP4 and I have just replaced the KO.dll and K2STXH.dll with the hotfix versions that are lesser versions. I'm not sure if this will introduce any new issues or I'll lose the SP4 functionality of these files. My Original issue is resolved though!
I thought those were post SP4 hotfixes...

Resolution from K2;

Hi Dean,

The version number is incorrect but the file is for SP4.

As mentioned in the hotfix details you have to still backup the two files being replaced.

We have had no problems with this hotfix.

Regards,
Conrad