Skip to main content

Symptoms

Any configuration of the K2 Web-Part for displaying processes is not showing data for any one. It always show message, "There is no data to display". This webpart is not working company wide. We need to fix this as soon as possible.

Diagnoses

During investigation we found that k2 production server was on 4.6.11 while the sharepoint and front end servers were on a k2 4.6.5. we advised that all k2 environment be on 4.6.11.

My last response was:
"

From a k2 support point of view and for the system to work K2 of the same version should be applied at all the servers in order for the k2 environment to work without any issue. unfortunately it is a must to have a homogeneous k2 dlls and configs across the machines.

What you can do is test it on a development and staging environments before applying to Production. After finding the main reason for this web part not working and that is the difference between the k2 versions on different machine kindly note that my work as k2 support ends there as this is my scope of work. for further help you can ask for paid services from the K2 services team.
"

Resolution

During investigation we found that k2 production server was on 4.6.11 while the sharepoint and front end servers were on a k2 4.6.5. we advised that all k2 environment be on 4.6.11.

My last response was:
"

From a k2 support point of view and for the system to work K2 of the same version should be applied at all the servers in order for the k2 environment to work without any issue. unfortunately it is a must to have a homogeneous k2 dlls and configs across the machines.

What you can do is test it on a development and staging environments before applying to Production. After finding the main reason for this web part not working and that is the difference between the k2 versions on different machine kindly note that my work as k2 support ends there as this is my scope of work. for further help you can ask for paid services from the K2 services team.
"

Be the first to reply!