Skip to main content

Hi, 

Trying to connect the K2 Mobile App on my Windows Phone to my K2 Core 6.1.1 VM via VPN. I've successfully sorted the VPN connection so I can browse forms from the VM on my phone via the VPN. 

The issue I have now is the Mobile App connectivity, the first time I connected with the Mobile App on Windows Phone it connected immediately and downloaded my tasks and I could open up the forms from the task list and action forms, etc. Perfect. 

The challenge is, after the first couple of times the connection just fails. It doesn't connect anymore, just returns an error

"Server not found.

Could not find mobile services.  

404 Not Found"

When this started initially I did everything including uninstalling the app and reinstalling and then even factory resetting my phone. The factory reset worked and I could connect for a while and then after the first couple of connects it stopped connecting again. 

Any ideas? When I connect to a customer's with the same Windows App it always connects but with my Core 6.1.1 VM there are errors. 

Thanks. 

Hi Latte,

Please can you try to access the Server URL in the phone's browser manually (through Internet Explorer). If this does not work then the app cannot work.

Please would check that devices time is setup correctly, if it is not then the security certificate is invalid and the device will return the 404 message. 

Secondly the device might not trust the security certificate on the Smartform server (or vice versa). Please would you get and install the certificate manually.

Lastly please would you ensure that the firewall isnt blocking any network traffic between the device and the Smartform server.

Kind regards,

Yannick