Skip to main content

Hi guys,

Strange issue here, wondering if anyone has had this before. I have two list views with the same coloumns until about the middle of the list. Not sure how well you can see it but here it goes.

The top and botton list views have the same styling. The coloumn % is the same for both list views until it get to the middle. As you can see the coloumn width is off starting from the first coloumn. Also. if you look in the middle of the page the Asset Tag drops down is not inline with all the other headings. I cant control the vertical alignment on the hearder text it seems.

Please let me know if there is solution to this.

Hi

Is this purely styling that you have chaged on the views (example:change color of text,ect) or is this a Form Theme that you are using?

as this theme is not in the default theme list meaning that this theme that you are using has been customly made, also meaning that the is could originate form the theme itself.

please try creating a simular project with the same theme to see if you get the same behaviour, also try to create a new simular project with a different theme to see the behaviour.

If you are using a theme and have tested the above please revert back via this post as to what your finds were. If you are not using a theme then please let me know.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Thanks you for your reply, I am using a different theme that was basically copied from Sharepoint 2013 theme. The images were changed and the css was changed slightly, but it was really only the colours that were changed. The positioning has not been changed. I did figure out why the "Asset Tag" was lowered. It was because all the other header text were text wrapped and this was not. That isssue is fixed. The only issue left is that the % of width per coloumn from the top list view and the bottom list view do not match. For example the "Equipment" coloumn on both list view is 10%. However you can see that the "Equipment" coloumn on the bottom list view one is shorter than the  top list view.

Thanks

Hi S0m3one

When looking at the screenshot you provided it looks as if the top and the bottom tables are both the same size in height and width, the screenshot however is a little blury. Please can you attach two new screenshot - one where the tables are underneath each other and if possible one where the tables are next to each other, this will help both you and me to determine if the tables are indeed aligned as expected or not.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

That is just one screenshot. Those two views are in the same form one below another. And I just took a screenshot of the form. You can see the first coloum where it starts is ecalty the same of both. The first coloumn in 10% on both views. Even the header title is excactly the same including the styling of the text. This really is a strange problem. I am assuming that there is some sort of hidden percent. Maybe coloumn in the first one is 10.3% but the designeer doesnt show the decimals.

Hi  S0m3one

I agree this is a rather odd error, but i managed to reproduce your issue and i was able to solve the issue on my side.

what i noticed is that when I selected a column in view edit mode and drag it to the right while the properties column tab is selected, I saw that it is very sensitive on where the line (column size exending line) is dropped, if on both the views you drop the column line on exactly the same spot then the view should be as good as new. You will notice when dragging the column line and dropping it in some places that the column width in the properties column tab will diplay let say "9%" and if you drop the line to the left or right by milimeters the it still stays as "9%" this seem to be making a difference.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Thanks Raymond. After a lot of dragging and dropping coloumns quite randomly, it seems to have sorted itself out now. I guess if you have this problem you just drag and drop coloumns until they align.

Hi S0m3one

Thank you for the feedback, I am glad the issue was resolved. I will be marking the previous post as the solution.

Kind Regards

Raymond