Skip to main content

Hi,

If for example we have a 250 x Blackpearl ULs and 250 x Smartforms ULs, i was told this means it is limited to 250 users (named users) but i'd like to know what this 250 figure means.

How does this work technically? Does this mean end-users? i.e. the users who submit a form, or does this include form designers and form Approvers (within a process). Seems complicated, can anyone explain?

What happens if the 251 person tries to use a form? How does K2 blackpearl and smartforms keep track of who is using the system?

Hoping you guys can give me a simple explanation on how this works?

Thanks,

I thought they got rid of the hard stop.

Does k2 store the ID of the users somewhere so that it knows how many people accessed the forms?

So how does it know that this is the 251st person?

Does the 250 mean concurrent users using any of the forms in real time or just one form?

Or does that mean any users ID over any time duration is saved somewhere where K2 keeps a count?

Hi MT,

I do not have any intention whatsoever to modify or mess with anything!!! -I am simply interested in knowing which users (and how many users) have used the forms.

Can you tell me which table in the DB holds this information?

So let me get this straight, any user (EVER) who has accessed or authorised (as part of a process) any of my forms will be counted as a USER license and stored in the DB infinitely?

If i have a 250 User License, what happens if suddenly if user 251 goes to use a form?

Thanks,

P.S. Again i want to stress, I am only interested in this to know how the User licensing works and not to mess about with any K2 DB.

K2 is wonderful and has helped me achieve so much, i wouldn't mess with anything.

Hi,

Can someone please give me an answer to the above questions? If this is a sensitive topic, then perhaps PM me instead?

Also, i noticed this thread: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/License-Access-clarification/ta-p/81404

Where in Workspace does the User Count appear? I looked in License Management, Licensed users and didn't notice any users in there...

Can anyone advise, this whole licensing thing seems to be shrouded in secrecy....