Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a document libarary that have 9 Custom Contnet types added to it.i have created a workflow and associate on item add/update event but K2 is not picking the updated metadata.Please help me ASAP i need to deploy this  workflow to live in a weeks time

Thanks

Vipul

Hi Vipul,

1. Did you appify the list before or after adding the content types?

2. Where are you not seeing the updated metadata?

3. Have you tried going into the K2 app and making sure the smartobjects is correct?

Regards
Jurie

Hi Jurie,

Thanks for reply!!.Here are the answers for your questions-:

1.Initially i created a Document Library and added content types to it and then created a workflow and appified the library.

2.i need to add different permission to the document based on the value of two columns which i have created in the custom content type and i am just testing my workflow and add a action to send mail with all the updated metadata that user is changed but it show me the initial metadata when the document is added its not picking the updated metadata.Hence my permission workflow is failing.

3.i have checked smartobjects are correct and have every column that is present in the content types

Both Options  under ItemReference and GetDocumentsMetadataBY ID shows the same old metadata not picking the updated metadata.

Please help me its very urgent!!

Sorry but i am confused is it you properties(columns) or data that is not showing correctly?

it was properties(columns) which are present in the content types they are not picking the updated values.

It might be better to log a support ticket. 

With which event are you not seeing the values? With new item added or update item?

ok i will log a support ticket .on Item add event all the properties values are fine but when the properties was updated then k2 is not picking those updated values.

i beleive its very common to have custom content type in a library and then picking those values on item update event and k2 should support that.

Thanks for the help jurie!!