Skip to main content

Hi

I am currently trying to install K2 blackpearl in a POC environment. The company has over 2000 exchange servers in their domain forest. After selecting the authentication method (between pass through and kerberos), it shows the "Validating, Please wait" screen. It does not proceed past this screen and continues to sit there with the processing indicator spinning. I have reviewed the installation trace files and can see that it is attempting to query each exchange server on the domain. I though that it is possible to leave it running over the public holiday yesterday and on returning today, it may have completed, but it is still running.

I had a chat to a K2 support consultant on Wednesday and he suggested trying to run the setup.exe with the /noval flag, but this did not stop the installer from querying all the exchange servers on the domain, the same issue still occurs. Are there settings I can modify in the product.config file or other setup configuration file so that it will bypass these checks?

Hi Matthew, as far as I understand this has been resolved
via a cold fix. Is that correct?

Apologies for the late response. I was able to get past this point in the installation after implementing the cold fix, but this did not resolve the issue straight away. I believed that the cold fix had not in fact worked and went to the infrastructure department to remedy a connection / lag issue with the server. On returning, I noticed that the setup had proceeded to the next step. I was therefore unsure if the cold fix or the network card reset resolved the issue, or if it was even caused by the servers network connection being extremely slow. I will need to perform a new install in this environment to be certain. Thank you for your assistance.