Skip to main content

Symptoms

Issue:

K2 for Visual Studio SmartForms Integration Error: An exception occurred. Exception:Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login.

I've been working on standing up my new development environment. I have it stood up, but when I open K2 for Visual Studio (or K2 Studio for that matter) and attempt to drag the SmartForms Integration wizard from the Toolbox onto the "Start" activity and click "Next" I receive the following error:

An exception occurred. Exception:Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login

Here is the "Additional Details" copy/paste from the bottom of the error:
SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.SocketBaseAPIConnection.Open

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.SocketBaseAPIConnection.OnOpen(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnectionBroker.OnOpen(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Common.HostedServers.Common.GetConnection(String connectionstring)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.Forms.FormsItemContext.get_CategoryServer()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.Forms.FormsCategoryItemBase.get_CategoryManager()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.Forms.FormsServerItem..ctor(ObjectBrowserPlugin plugin, FormsServerField environmentfield, FormsServerContext FormsServerContext, Int32 depth)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.Forms.FormsRootItem.CreateNewFieldContainer(EnvironmentField field)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.EnvironmentSettings.EnvironmentRootCacheManager.CreateNewRootItem(String fieldId, String fieldTypeId)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.EnvironmentSettings.EnvironmentRootCacheManager.GetRootItem(String fieldId, String fieldTypeId)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.EnvironmentSettings.EnvironmentPluginRoot.OnLoadItems()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.ObjectBrowser.ObjectBrowserItemsContainer.LoadItems()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.ObjectBrowser.ObjectBrowserItem.OnRefresh()
at SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Forms.WizardHelper.SetContext(IServiceProvider service, FormsContextEnum enumValue, Stringg] treePath)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.Forms.Pages.FormStatePage.OnActivate()
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.WizardPage.SourceCode.Framework.IWizardPage.Activate()
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.ActivateCurrentPage()
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.OnNavigateToPage(WizardPage destinationPage, Direction direction)
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.set_CurrentPage(WizardPage value)
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.OnNext(IWizardHostService host)
at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.PropertyWizard.SourceCode.Framework.IPropertyWizard.Next(IWizardHostService host)
at SourceCode.Workflow.DesignerFramework.WizardHost.ShowNextPage()

If I click "Finish" on the errored wizard, I am presented with the "Select Form and State" step. When I browse the SmartForms Servers in the object browser to drag it into the Form field, there is nothing there. It's completely blank and I can't proceed any further. I'm not sure what to do, but I need this to work. I researched your community articles and was not able to find anything to resolve this issue. Please help. (screenshot is attached)

Diagnoses

Looking at the image it shows no SmartForms, this usually means a misconfiguration on the environment fields. After looking at the Environment Fields Details The SmartForms and workspace URL were empty.

Resolution

Filling those Fields with the correct values resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!