Skip to main content

Hi,

We have coded for K2 components using K2 for VS 2008.
We would soon be migrating to VS 2010 and VS 2008 would not be available anymore.
Tried opening K2 solution using VS 2010 directly but it did not work.
It would be really helpful if someone could throw some light on what all components, hardware and software would be required for "K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with Update KB001040" to run using VS 2010?

Thank you.

You'll need to upgrade both your K2 Server and your development environment to a later version.  See below

The compatibility matrix:  http://help.k2.com/en/priorblackpearlmatrix.aspx#VisualStudio

2 Visual Studio 2010 support requires 4.5 with update 1170 plus the Update for Microsoft 2010 Products, which is a separate download. Please refer to the release notes for additional information.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to help.k2.com rather the credentials validity has expired because of which the website mentioned by you is inaccessible to me.

Would it be possible to share the contents of the site of any help/instruction manual for the same?
Any help appreciated.

Thank you. 

To log into that site you use your K2 Portal account.  This is the account you'll need to download the latest updates anyways so if your account has expired or disabled I'd recommend talking to K2 to get it reactivated as you'll not be able to download the required K2 software without it, or looks at KB articles and such. 

Its my recommendation to customers that everyone working with K2 needs to have a K2 portal account.  Its hard to work effectively without it.

Regards,

Tim