Skip to main content

I have a workflow with an approve mail sent to "Originator" (checkbox). In one workflow instance the activity is running into error, because this Originator had no email account.

1. Question: Any idea, how to make an error handling for this, so the workflow will not run into error.
(I tried to check if the originator has an email and do not allow to start a workflow without email - but unfortunatly in this case the email account was deleted during the workflow runs)

It is not possible to solve the error situation. I tried to over-jump this activity and make a GOTO ACTIVITY within K2 Workplace. It seems to be new that this is possible for instances in error state. I'm happy to have this functionality - but the instance stay in error - the next activity is active but "Waiting".

2.Question: How can I get the workflow to run?

If you want to simply ignore any errors that happen within that specific Email Event, then you can create an empty exception handler within the K2 process.  To do so:

1. right click on the desired email event and select Properties

2.  click the Exception (yellow triangle with exclamation ) icon on the left

3. check "Enable Exception Rule"  (leave other check boxes empty... this is what creates an empty exception handler)

4. Redeploy and try with that user again.

HTH.