Skip to main content

What I feel like is a dumb question here - how can I assign a K2 client event using the K2 Designer interface in K2 Smartforms?  In this case I don't want a SmartForm for this client event.  The user should just get an email and use a smartaction to finish it.

Do I have to assign a form/state to the task even though the user will not need one?  It could be potentially confusing for the users I guess.

This type of event is prevalent in K2 studio and (I believe) K2D4SP but I have not checked specifically.

Hi, 

You could use an E-mail event, which is fairly simple to use, to notify a user of a task action eg) approve or decline a certain worklist item.

Regards

I ended up just using a simple view of the smartform, although the notice does not include a link to it and asks them to just use the smartaction.  The simple view will cover me for users who end up opening the task from the worklist.

Have you incorporated the workflow into the the SmartForm View then?

Hi Wkucardinal

Please can you state exactly what you want the view/workflow to be able to do?

As I understand you firstly tried using a workflow to send a email to a one/more users and then they can complete the task by actioning it via the mail or smartactions, then you tried doing the same thing on a view. 

Please confirm if I understand the issue at hand?

You can also have a look at this document  - This will help you to achieve what I asume you want to achieve

Building Workflow Solutions with K2 Studio - Intermediate

Hi Wkucardinal

I am doing a quick follow up on  the information I requested to be able to investigate the issue you are facing. Please advise if the documentation was able to help you and/or if the issue has been resolved and can be marked as such or do you require futher assistance?

Hi Wkucardinal

I am kindly marking this post as solution due to no response and no solution being marked.