Skip to main content

Hello, I'm have started to work with K2 Design and I want to know how add information to my database  and also consult through a forms with the smartphone tools. I have already a form done and I want to fill in the fields through K2 design.

Hi Victor,

The first place to start would be to configure an Instance of the SQL Server Service to point to the SQL Database you want to work with. Next, you will create smartobjects to consume that information and integrate with your forms and workflows.

To configure an instance of the SQL Service Broker, I recommend go to the K2 Server (or your workstation if you installed the design tools) and launching the Smart Object Service tester tool and register a new instance of the SQL Broker. There will not be a short cut for this tool, so you will need to go to the installation location of K2 blackpearl in the bin director and locate the application. The alternative is to use K2 Workspace, but I think you will be happier using the tool.

This documentation link will talk you through the settings options and is applicable to either the SMO tester or workspace approach with regard to the settings. The UI experience will be different of course. https://www.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.11/webframe.html#sic02.html

Hope this helps.

S.