Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to create package of smart forms, views and smart object, the total artifacts are only 4 but it is taking too much time more than 1 hour, can anyone face this issue or this is due to samrt form or view or smart object?

Regards,

Arif

Hi, 

This should not occur, but have you made sure that all of your views and forms are checked-in? Also include any and all dependencies when creating a package.

Regards,

Hi all,

In my experience, if you ahve a lot of dependencies then it does take a while for package and deployment tool to create a package. I had a workflow with over 100 dependencies whcih took around half an hour to package. Another thing to note is the machine your running the tool on.

Thanks

Hi Arif,

I've seen this in smarforms 1.0.5 and is a known issue with fix available. This happens when Environment Field is used in Rules or Expressions. From the K2 blackpearl server console, you will see that the dependency checks (during P&D packaging) will go in loops. Submit a support ticket for this (not sure whether this fix is added in today's release though).

JK.

Also, if you are running the Package and Deploy client on a VM, make sure that it is configured with more than 1 virtual processor. If it can't run more than 1 thread at a time it will consume 100% CPU and take forever to finish. You can also work around this issue by lowering the thread priority of the P&D client in task manager, or running the client on a different machine that has multiple processors if you don't want to add a second processor.

Hi,

We have not received any feedback from you regarding this post. Were the post repsonse sufficient in leading to resolution of this issue? Feel free to drop a status update.

Thanks