Skip to main content

I'd like to create a custom reporting application based on data from K2 (Processes, process instances, Act, Events, etc).  Currently I'm making a bunch of called to the OOTB workflow reporting SMO's.  Now I need to add in additional custom data elements.  For performance purposes I'm thinking of harvesting all the necessary information from K2 and other data sources into on SSAS cube...or minimally a separate reporting database.  Has anyone done this before?  I have enough customization that I'd rather not use the reporting built into K2.  Thanks.

Hi jensor,

I don't have experience with what you're specifically trying to do, however, you should be able to add additional data to your existing reporting smartobjects by creating a composite smartobject using the existing smartobjects, along with any other data source you can expose as a smartobject.

So, say you're interested in the activity instance destination smartobject, but have additional data you'd like to add in from SQL (or any other system for which a service broker exists), you'd create a composite smartobject that joins the activity instance destination smartobject with your SQL data based on a common field.

Regards,

Mike