Skip to main content

Hi all,

Has anyone out there connected K2 to SQL Anywhere? We are busy with a project and are required to pull information from a CRM system (AccSys PeopleWare) which was built on top of SQL Anywhere. Although this product is now owned by SAP, the SAP Connector is not applicable as we are not connecting to SAP. Unfortunately this is the first time I've encountered this project so I'm not familiar with it at all. From trudging through their online information it seems that the most common method of connecting to the database is via an ODBC connection which is not supported by K2 OOTB. I found the following ODBC broker (http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/ODBC-service-broker-Beta-1/ba-p/1021) but am hestitant to use it as there won't be any support for it should something go wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Rick

Hi RickNRoller,

If ODBC is truley the only way we can access that SQL instance, I don't see really that many other options.  You can try registering it as a SQL instance, however, knowing the nature of the clouds, the provider is likley very specific as to what methods we can use to connect to it and needed ports may be blocked.

Regards,

Mike