Skip to main content

Symptoms

Occasionally an error message would be displayed on a View that loads information from SAP indicating that "The file 'C:Windowssystem32dev_rfc.trc' already exists". The view loads a couple of dropdowns concurrently which is bound to SAP SmartObjects.

Diagnoses

During a meeting we found that the file 'C:Windowssystem32dev_rfc.trc' does not exist on the K2 Server. We created the dev_rfc.trc file manually, but then received a different error message "The process cannot access the file 'C:Windowssystem32dev_rfc.trc' because it is being used by another process" when opening the View.

Resolution

As a workaround, we set Full Control Deny permission for the K2 Connect Service Account on the 'C:Windowssystem32dev_rfc.trc' file. After retesting no error messages were being displayed.

I have a slightly different issue. I have a workflow that uses a "For-Each" loop to extend new products to all our branches in SAP. We are getting the error "10702 An error occurred in the ConnectService Service Instance. The file 'C:Windowssystem32dev_rfc.trc' already exists." with increasing frequency. When the error occurs, it causes the workflow to stop and then jump to the end of the loop, skipping over any number of branches inbetween.

Since this error is occurring for us during a push to SAP instead of a pull from SAP, I thought I would post here before placing a support ticket. I want to know why this is happening and what I can do to keep it from becoming a much bigger problem.

Thank you.

Alison