Skip to main content

Hi,

I just installed the VM Player, and run the k2 enabled virtual machine windows. When I did the Configuration Analysis, I have got this error under K2 Workspace>> IIS Permissions>>K2 - Set Site Negotiation>> K2 Services - Set Virtual Directory Negotiation >> Set Virtual Directory Anonymous Authentication >> Detail Error Message "The K2Services virtual directory does not have the correct authentication options. The virtual directory requires Anonymous authentication.".

I have tried to changed the Authentication under Active Directory of K2Service Account by giving it Full Control, however, still got the above error when I do the Configuration Analysis.

Please let me know how to solve this problem if anyone knows. Your prompt reply is much appreciated. Thanks.

You can try to use the Repair button in the tool, that should configure the site as required. If that does not work, open IIS Manager and ensure that the K2Services application under the K2 site (default location) has the Anonymous option enabled. This can be found under the Authentication feature.

Hi dc,

Thank you very much for your reply. And I have tried firstly, Clicked Repair All button, and secondly, opened IIS Manager and ensured that the K2Services application under the K2 site (default location) has the Anonymous option enabled already. But still, when I do the Configuration Analysis again, there is the same exact error with red remark. What else could be the problem.. Any idea?

If you have validated that the IIS config is correct, you could probably just ignore the error. The Config Analysis tool tries it's best to test the environment, but once in a while, it does report false warnings. Have you tried to use the right-click --> Run as Administrator option?

If that still fails, I would try to expose a SmartObject in the WCF and Rest config and test if that works OK. If you intend to use Mobile Applications, have a look at the following link:

http://help.k2.com/en/kb001252.aspx

There is a section called "Configuring K2 Services to Enable Mobile Connectivity", if that works OK and you can connect using a mobile app, chances are you're good to go.