Skip to main content

Hi al,

Ive upgraded to blackpearl 4.6.8 and update Visual Studio to 2013 Update 4. 

Now previously the smartobject project was created in visual studio 2010. When I open the smae project in 2013 it wants t convert.

Other types of projects such as web services and other microsoft project types covert successfully.

SInce the K2 smartobject project type is .k2proj its is saying that the type of project is not found.

What do I need to install from K2 side to make visual studio recognise this.

Also when I create a new project the K2 project types are not available from the project templates.

I remember that K2 for visual studio had to be installed before when using Visual Studio 2010. I've had a look at the K2 portal but do not see this installer.

I can see that 2013 is supported in the compatibility matrix for 4.6.8.

Please advise where I can get a link to this.

Thanks

Hi S0m3one,

After installing VS2013 did you rerun the K2 Installers (blackpearl, smartforms, k2 for sharepoint) on your machine?  I believe it's going to have to install some things to have VS recognize the .k2proj format, as well as install all the k2 wizards and bits for VS.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I did not realise that you had to run the setup again. Is it not possible to get a sepereate installer for just the visual studio parts.

S0m3one, 

Not that I'm aware of presently.  I believe the reasoning for this is that depending on environment, you may not need all components.  Someone without smartforms in thier environment wouldn't need the smartforms wizards included in the smartforms installer, etc.

Either way, that should get you back up and running.

Regards,

Mike

Ok, Thanks Mike

I will try running the installer again. I am a bit skeptical about running  the repair tool as in the past when I have run it , it always fails and the host config file is deleted for some reason. Even though the setup fails, if i copy the backup config file and restart the machne, everything runs as beofre.

S0m3one,

I've found the installers sometimes get picky about installing "new" components if run from the start menu/C: drive.  I usually try to run them off installation media if possible to make sure all features and options are present.

Regards,

Mike

I installed visual studio 2013. I then ran the setup again, I go to modify option. I cannot see an option to select k2 for visual studio 2013, I only see the option for visual studio 2010. When I try to install the K2 for visual studio 2013 directly, i get a  "The installer package cannot be run directly, Please run from setup.". 

@Update: So Ive managed to install K2 for visual studio 2013. Now when I open 2010 project it does the conversion. However the smartobject sodx project and process kprx projects do not open. It has a (needs migration) in brackets. when i try to right click and relad project t says acces denied. The projects are not checked out to anyone and I am able to open then in visual studio 2010.

@Update 2: It seems for some reason whent he projects are migrated, it sets the project file to read only. Removed that and reloaded the project whcih resolved the issues. Jope this hels someone who is running into the same issue.

Thanks