Skip to main content

Had what appeared to be a successful upgrade to K2 BP SP1.
Able to run K2 Server in console mode - all messages appeared to be AOK.

Tried to create a test K2 Workflow project in Visual Studio.
Got following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards, Version 4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Closed and restarted VS. Same error.
Tried to open an existing K2 WF project. VS crashed each time. Error list provided this:

"Exception has been thrown by the targert of an invocation."

A search of the system showed that version 4.7285.1.0 of SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.dll exists in C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlBin . This file has assembly version 4.0.0.0.

1. Is this the correct file that's being sought?
2. Is there another location it should be?

Thanks!

You should look in the the GAC (c:windowsassembly). If SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards is there, then particularly look at the assembly version, it may be different from the one you have in your Blackpearl installation folder (which is the good one according to the version).

I hope it helps.

Cheers

I have no excuse for myself... DUH! I copied it over at it looks like we're all set.

Thanks a bunch. :)

Point of question for SourceCode - why wasn't the file originally copied to the GAC during install?

Good Question!

This is the first report I see related to this, if possible can you please explain a little more about your environment and also from what version you have upgraded + components installed/configured. Another thing that will help: also let me know whether the OS is installed on “C:”  or another drive as well as default installation location of VS. Have a look in the “c:program filesk2 blackpearlconfigurationlog” log files gets stored in this location, have a look for errors/warnings, if you find any please share that with us.