Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm creating a test environment to test K2 Blackpoint and WSS 3.0 because in K2 documentation I cannot find any feature comparison what can I do and cannot. Some thing is unambiguous for example Infopath not working without Forms server but what about other features?

So I start to configure a new K2 environment. When I activating features in Central Admin site I cannot activate K2 Workflow Integration Content Types feature. It write an error message:

"Feature '77aaf8b1-b817-4904-b203-3d6119c05a28' could not be installed because the loading of event receiver assembly "Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Feature, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" failed: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Feature, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Feature, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark"

It's complaint about Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Feature assembly. I think it is a MOSS assembly thats why it cannot do the job. Unfortunately I cannot find any specific description what that feature for. I create a SharePoint Workflow Integration Process with simple forms. When I tried to start WF It said the following message: "Not all the K2 task forms have been installed on this site. Please install them before you continue."

I think there is connection the two problem, isn't it? There is a workaround for this?

Thanks for reply!

This is a known issue and there is a hotfix in the works.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Any idea when this will be released or any worksround?  I am getting same error on trial version.

Thanks!

Ciosa

There is a hotfix available on our internal customer and partner portal.  If you are not a customer but running into this issue please contact your regional sales office and they should be able to get the hotfix to you.

-Eric

This may help you

http://blogs.msdn.com/kaevans/archive/2008/08/08/creating-sharepoint-workflows-for-wss-with-visual-studio-2008.aspx