Skip to main content

The error is as shows in the attachment.  It basically is a Runtime Error and I am told that my web.config file is not configured to show the actual error.  The problem is that I cannot see the error so I can figure out what to fix.  I've made the change to 3 different web.config files and I still get nothing no matter what i do.  I am hoping someone here knows what file needs to be fixed where.

The environment is MOSS 2007 with SP2. BlackPearl latest version. The MOSS and Blackpear servers are both on their own servers and their own SQL servers.

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

11960i84985617C08FC587.png

Hi,

The error is raised by the K2 Web Designer which has its own web.config. To locate this open IIS Manager, expand the web site containing MOSS > _Layouts > WebDesigner. Right click the WebDesigner Virtual directory and click on browse. Edit this web.config file and turn off CustomErrors.

I've seen this type of error before if the WebDesigner virtual directory is not set as an application. If this is the case, right-click the WebDesigner Virtual drirectory and on the Virtual Directory properties page, click Create and specify an application pool for it to run under.

Let us know if you could figure out the problem.

Regards,

I did as you said and made that change to the web.config for K2 Web Designer in that directory, verified it is set as an application, and did an IIS reset and I still get the same error. There MUST be some kind of web.config somewhere that is doing this. Everything tells me that a particular web.config file that I am over looking is the culprit.  FYI:  I tried on both the server and a remote machine.

Okay, I finally found the web.config file that needed to be editted.  Now I can work on actually fixing the problem.  It is the web.config in the same _layouts but for the WebWorkFlow. Looks to be a SQL permission issue.

I did find the ultimate solution courtesy of the direction you got me on.  The K2WebWorkFlow did not have the User Mapping set in SQL for the service account that needed access to it.  I fixed the mappings and it is now working.  THANK YOU.

Glad you got it all fixed!