Skip to main content

I have problems with the K2 report designer. In the workflow I create a process field (integer) which I want to use in a matrix report (as report columns). But I don't get the total sum for that process field. If I use the report type summary report and chose the function sum then I get the total sum.

What is wrong here? Thank you for your help.

I guess if you export the report out to reporting services and then save the rdl definition, you could probably take a look inside to see what exactly it is doing.
Thank you but I can only export the report to Excel or PDF so  I have no change to have a look at the rdl-File. You think the matrix report should function and summarize the columns and rows?I tried it with the K2 field duration and I got curious results but no sums.

To get the rdl, in K2 Reports publish the report.  This will make it available in the SSRS Reports Manager web site.

From there, in the properties of the report, you should have the option to export the rdl file.

If you have a customer portal account, you can also take a look at this KB (http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000189.aspx).

Thank you for your anwer so far.

I played a little bit with other fields and now I can qualify my problem. The matrix report doesn' t deliver a sum but only the average of integers. I need the sum in a matrix report. Where can I specify the function like in the summary report? I'm looking forward to your reply.

I think the main reason is that the matrix report uses the avg function for some reason.  Quickest way to get around this:

1. Publish the reporting services.
  2. From SSRS, export it to rdl
  3. modify the report to change avg to sum.
  4. Save it and import the rdl back into SSRS.
  5. Import the report back into K2 reports as needed.